CNCDIY Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CNCDIY Club

Share your experience with CNCDIY's Machine

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tour Eiffel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ab

Tour Eiffel Empty
PostSubject: Tour Eiffel   Tour Eiffel Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi Folks,

Here is a model of the Eiffel tower I made using a 3040. Model sits about 65cm high and was cut with a 1.5mm single edge straight cut bit.

Tour Eiffel Tour_e11

About 24 hours of machining involved but fantastic results!

More to come.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
johnnytaaikop

Tour Eiffel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Eiffel   Tour Eiffel Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm

That is fantastic!!!

What wood did you use? Ply, 3mm?

Any chance of making the .dxf available?

Great work!
Back to top Go down
ab

Tour Eiffel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Eiffel   Tour Eiffel Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi,

I used 3.2mm MDF. It didn't cut particularly well to be honest but I am very green wrt machining so it was very much simply a learning exercise (with great results!). The original model was essentially split into three 300x350ish sheets although the third sheet was too large for the 3040 so for any one else wanting to make this model, put the 2nd tier edging bits onto the side of the first sheet! Plus if you're going to use MDF like I did, see the comments below about modifying the model!

The original model wasn't mine. I got it from:

http://www.newtime.dk/dxf_files/3D%20pusel/TORRE%20EIFEL-Eifelturm-3mm.DXF

Although I had to do a few modifications in particular with the peak (the MDF just couldn't handle such a sharp point and just turned to fluff. I made them a little wider at the top then just sanded them back to make the point) and the holes in the sides of the edging on the 2nd tier were too large making the part in between turn to mush. I'm sure if i'd used a harder material it wouldn't have been an issue.

Cheers,

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tour Eiffel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Eiffel   Tour Eiffel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour Eiffel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CNCDIY Club :: Experience Sharing :: Wood Processing-
Jump to: