CNCDIY Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CNCDIY Club

Share your experience with CNCDIY's Machine

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
c.bourgoin

Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Empty
PostSubject: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 am

Good morning,

I have baught a Walter 6545 recently.
I downloaded the manuals available on the cncdiy website and tryed to configure mach3.

and then I have realized very well the Do It Yourself part in CNCDIY...

All the informations in the manual are wrong. ALL.

so As I'm a nice guy here are the real data you need to place in Mach 3.

Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations 93907
Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations 93908

Warning: actually the optimisation of the spindle is still running.
I will update informations as soon as progress has been made.

About the Estop button on the top of my controler: It doesn't work at all. I have checked the breakout board, the Estop is well connected to the pin 10 of the // port.

I will have to unmount the Break out board and check it very carefully to dind the problem.
We have also noticed that there are available pins on the break out board for limit switchs. I will check to see on wich pin it's connected.

when giving an order like M3 S10000 in mach3 to start the spindle , I have to start it by hand because I ear it starting but It doesn't spin. We think that one of the phase isn't well plugged on the control board. (have to check it out).

we have also seen that the GND isn't plugged on the cable given with the spindle so you just have 3 wires ( one for each phases) in the controler, all 4 pin of the conecteur are plugged (3 phases + gnD)
In the manufacturer manual the spindle should normaly be racorded the the GND:

Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations 93868

Even if some efforts have been made to enhance general quality of the electronic there are still problems and the "Do It yourself" is well present.

Back to top Go down
c.bourgoin

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:39 am

I have also baught with the WALTER 6545 the USB card.

The spindle can't be controled with it. The spindle sold can receive 10Hz signal, the USB card provide a signal between 750hz to 5Khz !

in mach3 when you configure the spindle you must place ( according to the manual provided....)
PWM base frequency: 10
minimum PWM: 10

(here I have paced 40 and 10 because I was using the // card.

if you place 60 in PWM frequency you have 750Hz on PWM, if you place 10 you have 2.5Khz PWM and if you place 1 you have 5Khz PWM signal.

All the cards manual are missing, we have a machine that doens't work and we can't look for a solution because there are no manual provided !

ANother anoying point: the VFD inverter is included in the control box Smile fine ! But the screen and connector that allows normaly tuning are missing : again, we can't check if the VFD card is well configured nor change any parameters.

I'm contacting Walter, I hope he will answer quickly Smile
Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Good night, c.borgoin, is a big surprise for me to see that someone has written recently on this forum, that I visit regularly to see if someone has written something, because I also bought in September this year a cnc machine Walter 6545L and also I have   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:31 pm

c.bourgoin wrote:
I have also baught with the WALTER 6545 the USB card.

The spindle can't be controled with it. The spindle sold can receive 10Hz signal, the USB card provide a signal between 750hz to 5Khz !

in mach3 when you configure the spindle you must place ( according to the manual provided....)
PWM base frequency: 10
minimum PWM: 10

(here I have paced 40 and 10 because I was using the // card.

if you place 60 in PWM frequency you have 750Hz on PWM, if you place 10 you have 2.5Khz PWM and if you place 1 you have 5Khz PWM signal.

All the cards manual are missing, we have a machine that doens't work and we can't look for a solution because there are no manual provided !

ANother anoying point: the VFD inverter is included in the control box Smile fine ! But the screen and connector that allows normaly tuning are missing : again, we can't check if the VFD card is well configured nor change any parameters.

I'm contacting Walter, I hope he will answer quickly Smile

Quotation
I'm Roberto
Good night, c.borgoin, is a big surprise for me to see that someone has written recently on this forum, that I visit regularly to see if someone has written something, because I also bought in September this year a cnc machine Walter 6545L and also I have run the axles with the same settings you have. therefore affirm that you are correct. but on the other hand I could not run the router spindle and I could not persuade Walter to answer me how to set up. I had to put a dremel rotary tool 4000 and I managed to make different cuts of ribs and fuselages for my RC planes. But like you, I have an interest in operating the spindle and I encourage you to continue trying to reach Walter to see if he responds and put to work the spindle. Mine also came with the three phase wires but without the ground wire and I have not dared to put the fourth wire as you suggest, I have placed the settings as you suggest to the spindle and still not working. glad that someone in the same concern that I and the same machine with congratulations and ask you keep us informed about the spindle. thanks
Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:09 pm

c.bourgoin wrote:
Good morning,

I have baught a Walter 6545 recently.
I downloaded the manuals available on the cncdiy website and tryed to configure mach3.

and then I have realized very well the Do It Yourself part in CNCDIY...

All the informations in the manual are wrong. ALL.

so As I'm a nice guy here are the real data you need to place in Mach 3.

Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations 93907

Warning: actually the optimisation of the spindle is still running.
I will update informations as soon as progress has been made.

About the Estop button on the top of my controler: It doesn't work at all. I have checked the breakout board, the Estop is well connected to the pin 10 of the // port.

I will have to unmount the Break out board and check it very carefully to dind the problem.
We have also noticed that there are available pins on the break out board for limit switchs. I will check to see on wich pin it's connected.

when giving an order like M3 S10000 in mach3 to start the spindle , I have to start it by hand because I ear it starting but It doesn't spin. We think that one of the phase isn't well plugged on the control board. (have to check it out).

we have also seen that the GND isn't plugged on the cable given with the spindle so you just have 3 wires ( one for each phases) in the controler, all 4 pin of the conecteur are plugged (3 phases + gnD)
In the manufacturer manual the spindle should normaly be racorded the the GND:

Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations 93868

Even if some efforts have been made to enhance general quality of the electronic there are still problems and the "Do It yourself" is well present.

Also I want to tell you that my Estop button is working well with pin 10 but I had to buy a very good parallel port cable to make it work. I also had bought two breackout board just in case the first one of the machine get damage. I'm sending you some pictures of my machineWalter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Cnc with dremel
Back to top Go down
c.bourgoin

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 am

Hi Roberto, where did you buy your BoB ?
Are they the same as the one provided by CNCdiy ?

I have other informations about 'the control box:

The estop button is now "working". In fact the cable of the Estop isn't shielded and it pass near the pwm cable so there are signal noise that make run the estop.
it should be a good idea to use shielded cable for the estop button.

It's really a pity that there is this lack of manuals about this product: I'm sure the VFD controler can be tweaked but there is absolutly no informations ! on other VFD controler box, there is a front panel, buttons to check the parameters: here we don't have any screen ,any button any cable to connect and NO MANUALS !

The USB controler board seems to be a VERY VERY good one , I'm in contact with Ewidance (on this board) and he told me that it's a really good piece of work, very well designed. but again : NO MANUAL AT ALL !
it appears that this board is running the PWM signal at 750hz , not 10HZ as requested by our spindle controler: we can't use it ! We must have a manual in order to find the good parameters.
Walter, I have tried to contact you on email and you didn't answer but you should understand that you have comprehensive guys in front of you that want to make this USB card working. If you help us, providing the manuals, we will find the good parameters and share it to all your customers, It's in your interest to help us.
The USB controler card is a really good product but it doesn't work with the spindle you sell. There is a 1.5 second buffer memory on this board wich is a very good point for real time contol of the CNC.

The USB control board has been made by leafboy77.

Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:52 pm

c.bourgoin wrote:

The estop button is now "working". In fact the cable of the Estop isn't shielded and it pass near the pwm cable so there are signal noise that make run the estop.

It's really a pity that there is this lack of manuals about this product: I'm sure the VFD controler can be tweaked but there is absolutly no informations ! on other VFD controler box, there is a front panel, buttons to check the parameters: here we don't have any screen ,any button any cable to connect and NO MANUALS !

The USB controler board seems to be a VERY VERY good one , I'm in contact with Ewidance (on this board) and he told me that it's a really good piece of work, very well designed. but again : NO MANUAL AT ALL !
it appears that this board is running the PWM signal at 750hz , not 10HZ as requested by our spindle controler: we can't use it ! We must have a manual in order to find the good parameters.
Walter, I have tried to contact you on email and you didn't answer but you should understand that you have comprehensive guys in front of you that want to make this USB card working. If you help us, providing the manuals, we will find the good parameters and share it to all your customers, It's in your interest to help us.
The USB controler card is a really good product but it doesn't work with the spindle you sell. There is a 1.5 second buffer memory on this board wich is a very good point for real time contol of the CNC.

About the ground of the spindle, I think that is not necesary to be connected because as I read in other forum, when the spindle is opened, the neutral cable is connected only to the top of the spindle and sometimes this top is a plastic cap inside the spindle
Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:13 pm

roberto Hodgson wrote:
c.bourgoin wrote:

Good night, c.borgoin and to other members in this forum

Since there are no suggestions on the site CNCDIY for a BoB. I bought two breackout board (generic) which I tried and I've had success initially, supplying power for the driver axis and to the inverter, but I have to do more tests. About BoB pins (at least have a good order of the input and output pin) these is one of the BoB to buy:
Stepper Motor Driver 6 Axis Interface Board adapter CNC

About the ground of the spindle, I think that is not necesary to be connected because as I read in other forum, when the spindle is opened, the neutral cable is connected only to the top of the spindle and sometimes this top is a plastic cap inside the spindle

I've done other research on the VFD (which may be the source of the failure to make the shaft work) with the color codes that come out of the rectifier filter. There are two color-coded blue and brown wires, the brown that is for neutral wires is connected to the L (hot line) in the control input VFD and no voltage or current is registered when is connected to the line and surprise the other wire, the blue one( hot curret), is connected to neutral and there is no record of volts when connected and turned on. with the multimeter (I'm talking about a control box 110V, 110V spindle), I also I have a control box 220V inverter and 220V spindle. The outlet in my house has two 110V cables running hot and neutral , maybe this is a problem too, because the VFD needs a hot and neutral input wires
Tomorrow I will do a consultation with an electrician to hear the opinion of him and try to do a test. I think there's a bad connection from the manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
c.bourgoin

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi,

the VFD is a tri phased motor.
if you check the cable you will see that they are all connected together.
Back to top Go down
ewidance

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi all,

1/ About spindle ground, it's connected on my 9060. All the 4 wires are connected from the VFD board to the spindle. I removed the connector on the spindle itself, and the groud wire is connected to spindle body. So it's really a ground... and shielded.

2/ About USB Card, i've also huge problems to make it work under mach3. Everything works but the pwm. I can't figure how to setup pwm frequecy on mach 3 to have 10Hz.

For a parallel port, setting 10 (Hz) on mach3 pwm frequency give 10 Hz on output (mesured with an oscilloscope).

With USB board, settings seems to be 'reverted'. I"ve mesured :
For 5 on PWM frewquency, frequency is about 2.5Khz.
For 60 and above, frequency is 750Hz.

There's no way to make it works @10Hz....

There"s also an other problem : When starting a program, it starts immediately. How to make Mach3 wait for "spindle at speed" condition?

cncdiy, please help us quickly.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.civade.com
c.bourgoin

PostSubject: USB to Parallel Converter by leafboy77   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:42 am

Evil or Very Mad
I'm REALLY angry there.

We have had a mail exchange with the conceptor of the USB to paralell converter (leafboy77) and it appears that this USB board CAN'T PRODUCE A 10Hz PWM SIGNAL !
So CNCDIY is selling a nice usb board that could'nt work with the control box and the spindle.
The USB board is very nice to control motors, limit switch and so on BUT NOT THE SPINDLE !

Walter, now the ball is in your house, what will you do to solve this problem ? We have baught 3 USB to paralell converter (leafboy77) for a total of 750$ and it doesn't work with the spindle.
How can I make my spindle work? it will cost me at least to buy additionnal material .
I hope you will answer QUICKLY because I wouldn't like to proceed to a comunication campain on internationnal board to warn customers.

Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 5:44 pm

c.bourgoin wrote:
Evil or Very Mad
I'm REALLY angry there.

We have had a mail exchange with the conceptor of the USB to paralell converter (leafboy77) and it appears that this USB board CAN'T PRODUCE A 10Hz PWM SIGNAL !
So CNCDIY is selling a nice usb board that could'nt work with the control box and the spindle.
The USB board is very nice to control motors, limit switch and so on BUT NOT THE SPINDLE !

Walter, now the ball is in your house, what will you do to solve this problem ? We have baught 3 USB to paralell converter (leafboy77) for a total of 750$ and it doesn't work with the spindle.
How can I make my spindle work? it will cost me at least to buy additionnal material .
I hope you will answer QUICKLY because I wouldn't like to proceed to a comunication campain on internationnal board to warn customers.

Hello
ok the ground wire is connected to protect yourself and the machine for any short circuit, but talking about engine performance, if the engine were connected in circuit star, would need a neutral wire, no ground wire
and if it had connected in delta neutral is not required to work, according to what I read but I am no expert on this just tell you what I've read in other forum.

I think walter did not even bother to read this forum to see if it provides an answer to our problems, with the machine that we have purchased.

I respect you because you had the confidence and courage to buy the USB card. I still continue to investigate with the variable speed drive that came in the control box. (although I'm using my dremel 4000 with success but I do not like the noise) One point I have not investigated is that according to the manual, we have to set the spindle output pin 5 and pin 5 is already busy with a stepper motor, so I'm looking for another parallel cable since I have another parallel port, to use pin 5 or another but in the parallel port 2 to see if it works.

If nothing works, I am considering to buy the VFD and axis driver diagram to Walter, in addition to the components that form those PCB.
I think if Walter devote time to solving the problems of the machines it sells, certainly could be good for himself and his enterprise, plus the good materials and perhaps good quality that could be his electronic. Could be the best-selling machines worldwide. But has not given their post-sales support machines and is gaining a bad reputation.
but maybe, these word don't means nothing for him.
Back to top Go down
c.bourgoin

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Well, CNC world is relatively small.
If we make a campaign (we are four now having problems with USB card and wrong manual) on internationnal boards, I think it's gonna be bloody for CNCDIY sales.

I agree I have to do some parts by myself but giving a wrong manual with false values, no manuals to setup the spindle card , removing the screen of the VFD controler leading to an impossible setup of it, selling a USB card that doesn't work with the spindle, I think it's enought to say we are fr far away from the do it yourself.

We are here on a small board, with nearly no visitors but I think if I make some posts on usinages.com, woodworkforum,cncathome and so on the song will be very different.
Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:02 pm

c.bourgoin wrote:
If we make a campaign (we are four now having problems with USB card and wrong manual) on internationnal boards, I think it's gonna be bloody for CNCDIY sales.

I agree I have to do some parts by myself but giving a wrong manual with false values, no manuals to setup the spindle card , removing the screen of the VFD controler leading to an impossible setup of it, selling a USB card that doesn't work with the spindle, I think it's enought to say we are fr far away from the do it yourself.

We are here on a small board, with nearly no visitors but I think if I make some posts on usinages.com, woodworkforum,cncathome and so on the song will be very different.

Good and Happy, News for all of you today
Hello everybody I am Roberto Hodgson
Yes, yes yes I'm Happy, we made it, we made it without the help of Walter
go yes, buy the breackout board, I have just recommend in one session before, (CNC interface board 6 axis DB25 Breakout Card adapter for KCAM4 , MACH3 )wiring it to output pin five (5 dir) in mach3. Spindle config 10 -10% connect the breackout board to the five volt socket, start the spindle and we made it, oK, Ok I'm happy today and I hope every one of you can be happy too.
Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 pm

roberto Hodgson wrote:
c.bourgoin wrote:

go yes, buy the breackout board, I have just recommend in one session before, (CNC interface board 6 axis DB25 Breakout Card adapter for KCAM4 , MACH3 )wiring it to output pin five (5 dir) in mach3. Spindle config 10 -10% connect the breackout board to the five volt socket, start the spindle and we made it, oK, Ok I'm happy today and I hope every one of you can be happy too.

Again, I have made it with the second parallel port and the origiginal VFD that comes with the Borsh box
Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:38 pm

roberto Hodgson wrote:
roberto Hodgson wrote:
c.bourgoin wrote:

Again, I have made it with the second parallel port and the origiginal VFD that comes with the Borsh box

I just have post this solution to CNC Zone today
Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:42 pm

roberto Hodgson wrote:
roberto Hodgson wrote:
roberto Hodgson wrote:
c.bourgoin wrote:

I just have post this solution to CNC Zone today

Today I have made a prove with only one breakout board, the new one, neglecting the one that come with the control box and I need only this one, to make the system work ( the stepper motor... axis, and the spindle) only one parallel port with this breakout board, because it have all the output socket, for all the input and output, pins.
In resume we only have to change the breakout board that come with the borsh control box with VFD.
Back to top Go down
c.bourgoin

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:07 am

I don't understand, the BOB you have had with the control box wasn't working well ?
Back to top Go down
roberto Hodgson

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 9:58 am

c.bourgoin wrote:
I don't understand, the BOB you have had with the control box wasn't working well ?

The breakout board, that comes with the control box only work with the stepper axis motors, no matter what pin you setting for the spindle, and the quick set manual say that you have to set the spindle router in pin # 5, so I conclude that maybe this BoB, had to have a conflic of pin an port with the stepper motor and spindle, because the Y axis, use also pin 5 for DIR, Ok, Since I can't find the output pin for the spindle, I decided to buy another BoB, and so I found the answer, with a second breakout board, second parallel port (#2 enable) and then you can use any output pin in this parallel port if you want because you don't use it for stepper motors, you use it only for the spindle, with the same phisical imput setting to the VFD, only disconnect the plug that comes out of the breakout board and connect it to the new BoB.
Back to top Go down
brownfox

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:50 am

c.bourgoin wrote:
We have had a mail exchange with the conceptor of the USB to paralell converter (leafboy77)
Would you kindly share the contacts of leafboy77? His site looks like read-only.
I have purchased the board recently, and generally it works. However, I have a list of minor issues which hopefully can be fixed in software.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations   Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walter 6545 + Spindle 1.5Kw: mach3 configuration informations
Page 1 of 1